Sunday, September 18, 2011

Erin... At Home, Finally.

After a hurricane delay, ten minutes in the worst motel in America, a week at Homewood Suites by Hilton ( I can't reccommend this hotel highly enough for a pet friendly hotel in the NYC area), we are finally H-O-M-E. Not that she's officially ours- we close in a week. We took early occupancy, in our big, empty, wonderful house, so the kids could start school quasi on time. And, I am so happy! Furniture comes tomorrow, and I will be even happier, and I will be ecstatic when we close.

What do people do when they have hours (days) to kill in an empty house with no tv or internet? They wrangle their silly little dogs into silly Halloween costumes. Of course.
Please, allow me to introduce you to a couple of our neighbors. We are only 50 miles north of Manhattan, so I knew the residents might be a little rougher than we are used to. But, I was a little put out when they decided to help themselves to the apples right off of our tree!
He calls himself "Chuck". I have no way of knowing if that is his real name.
We both need to lose a couple of pounds. Maybe we'll become walking buddies.


But, it's this gal who really takes the cake. She shows up and eats apples right off our tree. Sometimes she brings her kids, which is fine. It's her husband, though, that kinda gives me the creeps.
Who does that? He's all glowy eyed, staring into my kitchen. Nervy.

And I've heard rumours about a Bear family. Apparently, they lumber all over the 'hood, where ever they like, and occassianally knock over your trash cans. Sounds a liitle annoying, but perhaps I'll warm up to them.

Kidding aside, I've never met a more welcoming, generous, or friendly group of wonderful folks in all my life. We have been offered everything from coffee to air matttresses, food, basically anything we need. We have wi-fi thanks to our next door neighbor who brought over a transmitter and password for us. I've already been on a fun run to Target with a new gal pal! Life is good! To quote my most adorable niece, "life just keeps getting better and better".

Thanks for reading, and have a happy home!

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blog. Keeps me in touch with you! Since I'm not on facebook. Keep it up! Love & miss you! Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete