Sunday, October 16, 2011

Since My Last Post...

Since my last post, I have settled my downstairs. Walked in our youngest's room at least a dozen times to "settle" my score with it, and been so overwhelmed, I walked back out. The basement shares a similar story. I won't even share the tale of horror that is our new tiny master bedroom closets and grandiose wardrobes. A reason to buy more clothes to avoid digging through boxes? :D
I have spent time with this handsome gentleman, Oliver. He belongs to my new neighbor, and friend, who entrusted her two Cheshires, with me and my children, for a week, along with a key to her gorgeous home. She doesn't know us that well. ;)

My parents have come and gone. Which was wonderful, but all too brief. I think their visit was all of 36 hours. So happy to have them in our new home, but hoping they used an open mind- I am still up to my eyeballs in boxes in some parts. And, yes, I cried for a good hour after they left- like I did when I got dropped off at summer camp when I was twelve. At least this camp has pinot grigio in the canteen!
I've encountered several projects, like this one- a newly hatched dinosaur. Such "projects" make it challenging to keep a house clean and unpack. But, I know, all too well, that someday, all too soon, I will miss finding such projects.

I know this because tomorrow, my first baby, will turn seventeen. And, next year, she will be away at college for her eighteenth birthday. I can't exactly explain why this hurts so much, but it makes me feel like I have swallowed a hot coal.

Meet Nikki. She is Oliver's sister, and wearing a rare expression for herself. She is a Cheshire, after all, and is usually smiling. But, I thought her expression was perfect for some of the other things we've been dealing with lately- bullying. Our little Gracie has been hit TWICE in the past week by two different children on the school bus, and teased about her glasses! We moved here because we believed the schools were top notch! Thankfully the school seems to be on top of it, and the situation is improving. Still, if you are the praying sort, please say a quick prayer- it has been heartbreaking.
And, I got to sit on my pretty new front porch, and watch a rain storm.

Arthur watched me watching, from inside. He is sitting on top of a club chair in the living room.
It thundered, and poured.

And it was beautiful.

Seems like Someone was trying to show me the sunshine through the rain- literally.

Reminding me to keep smiling.
Kind of like this beautiful, gummy smile.

Thanks for stopping by! Wishing you a happy home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment